Hi, It's me!! ;)

New to BdMO Online forum? Introduce yourself, and say hello to your friends!!!

Moderator:kamrul2010

kabbo
Hi, It's me!! ;)

Unread post by kabbo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi there all. I'm Kabbo (well, not real name, net name!). I am a math and physics lover. Nowadays I also love tech as well! ;)

What should I say more about me? I narrate the story of my math fest. In last years I won the regional math fest. The first time (In 2008) I failed, in 2009 I became second runner up and in 2010 and 2011 became champion. But on National Math Olympiad I failed all the time!! Cause I can't solve problems! I get much joy reading and learning about math and physics. But when it's time for solving problems I fail! I can't apply the theories I've learnt! HAIL ME!!

One suggestion:
This site is a site for learning and sharing our knowledge of math. Main users are targeted from Bangladesh (as the title describes). So why don't we build it in Bangla, our mother tongue? It would be very helpful for general people who don't even know the normal terms of math in English? Hope you guys (and gals if there is any!) will take care of this suggestion!

Hasib

Re: Hi, It's me!! ;)

Unread post by Hasib » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:16 pm

welcome to the forum. Actually 'Math is the language of science'. So, bangla or english doesnt matter, i think. But, in some area u may post in bangla, but not in english font please :) happy mathing :) $\frac{1}{0} welcome$
A man is not finished when he's defeated, he's finished when he quits.

kabbo

Unread post by kabbo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Yeah, of course not on banglish! I hate that too! Thanks for welcoming me :)

kamrul2010

Unread post by kamrul2010 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 am

Although the forum is subjected for the students in Bangladesh, but a forum should be open for all! & to communicate, English is most common language. So, as a result, you can see, the Olympiad section is in English. You mustn't post anything in Bangla there. But, in Social lounge, its your choice! :)

You can also post in Banglish, but it's not preferred, it would also put a poor impression onto you!
So, either Bangla or English, any definite one for Social lounge, & Olympiad Section, you must write everything in English! :)
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?