Participation in math olympiad 2013

New to BdMO Online forum? Introduce yourself, and say hello to your friends!!!

Moderator:kamrul2010

Tazrian Soha
Re: Participation in math olympiad 2013

Unread post by Tazrian Soha » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:16 pm

I really dont see any mistakes..anyhow let me try to make it clear..i previously posted that the site kustia math circle does have lots of documents but none of them contain the syllabus in english ..they are still in bangla so its hard to me to understand the mathematical terms which is different in english than in bangla..i hope this statement didnt put any wrong impression (though i had absolutely no idea as to what english spelling you were talking about)

Phlembac Adib Hasan

Unread post by Phlembac Adib Hasan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Tazrian Soha wrote:(though I had absolutely no idea as to what english spelling you were talking about)
Mostly about your 'short-cuts'.
Tazrian Soha wrote:I really dont see any mistakes..anyhow let me try to make it clear..i previously posted that the site kustia math circle does have lots of documents but none of them contain the syllabus in english ..they are still in bangla so its hard to me to understand the mathematical terms which is different in english than in bangla..i hope this statement didnt put any wrong impression (though i had absolutely no idea as to what english spelling you were talking about)
I suggest you to make a list of those words you don't understand and post that here. We may translate them for you and other english medium guys.
For the secondary category, my advice is to complete text books at the first, specially for geometry. After that you may start going through these books:
1. The Art and Craft of Problem Solving.
2. 500 Mathematical Challenges.
3. Geometry revisited.
4. 104 Number Theory Problems from the training of USA IMO Team.
Welcome to BdMO Online Forum. Check out Forum Guides & Rules

Tazrian Soha

Unread post by Tazrian Soha » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 am

thanks a lot for the advice,i recently bought the english version math book so i hope i wont have any problem..by the way do we have to practice maths from pure maths syllabus or only math B is sufficient ?? Oh and yeah The Art and Craft of Problem Solving book is really tough.Will we have this kind of maths in the olympiad?

protik

Unread post by protik » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

I thought ' Art and Craft' is the easy one. And It is appropriate for the beginners . :roll:

Tazrian Soha

Unread post by Tazrian Soha » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:20 pm

LoL maybe I am the idiot one here then :shock:

kamrul2010

Unread post by kamrul2010 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 pm

whoa!
Don't act like this. There may be some difficulties that you can face while reading it.

Read through the whole chapter. Not just the theories, including all other discussions. It will help you to understand how to advance. And when you face any problem, post in the forum. Everyone is here to help you.

ummm... also, if are in Dhaka, you can join in person into the weekly discussing session in Friday if you are interested. A lot other students gather there, they discuss about everything, along with problems and solutions. It may help you.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Tazrian Soha

Unread post by Tazrian Soha » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 pm

hmm maybe...but I am completely frutrated since I was never so interested in maths like I am now ..but its sort of late for preparing for BDMO and compete with ones who had months of practice and are familiar with so many concepts since its the end of the year for them ,while i just got in class IX for like 3 months and am just learning them.I dont even have time to practice and read new math concepts since my exams starts in a month.Thats why i needed some books that would sum up basics i would need for the olympiad.
And yes I am in dhaka. Would you be kind enough to let me know when and where you guys do the weekly discussion?I would love to participate ^^

Tazrian Soha

Unread post by Tazrian Soha » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Oh and yes could you please tell me if there is any website where i can find the answers/solutions for the previous regional and national questions?

protik

Unread post by protik » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 pm

You can find the solutions in the Olympiad Category. The weekly discussion is held in Ramanujan Math Club every Friday . Here is the facebook link of the group http://www.facebook.com/groups/rgs314/?fref=ts . You will find the details there.
You should not get frustrated . Mahi got selected the first time he participated in BDMO. He told me , he didn't took any preparations except solving the previous year's questions.

Tazrian Soha

Unread post by Tazrian Soha » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks alot ^^