Problem of the day (Day 2)

Discussion on Bangladesh National Math Camp
Moon
Site Admin
Problem of the day (Day 2)

Unread post by Moon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:12 pm

First, I think some of you may know this property already. If you don't know, try this cool one!

(Nagel line) Let $ABC$ be a triangle. Let the excircle of $ABC$ opposite to $A$ touch side $BC$ at $D$. Similarly define $E$ on $AC$ and $F$ on $AB$. Then $AD, BE, CF$ concur (why?) at a point $N$ known
as the Nagel point.
Let $G$ be the centroid of $ABC$ and $I$ the incenter of $ABC$. Show that $I, G, N$ lie in that order on a line (known as the Nagel line) and $GN = 2IG$.
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

Tahmid Hasan

Re: Problem of the day (Day 2)

Unread post by Tahmid Hasan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 pm

let the 3 excircles touch $BC$ at $X$,$AC$ at $Y$ and $AB$ at $Z$.now ceva $\frac{BX.CY.AZ}{CX.AY.BZ}$=$\frac{s-c.s-a.s-b}{s-b.s-c.s-a}$=1.so nagel point exists
বড় ভালবাসি তোমায়,মা

photon

Unread post by photon » Sat May 28, 2011 9:44 pm

i got a proof of negal point existence a few weeks ago, not like tahmid's.but to state it i need to draw a picture,but i don't know.....i wish any one will give me proper steps for it :)
(i have seen this process of pic in other topics but couldn't really understand)
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.-Albert Einstein

Masum

Unread post by Masum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 pm

photon wrote:i got a proof of $\boxed{negal }$point
This is Nagel point,not negal.
One one thing is neutral in the universe, that is $0$.

Tahmid Hasan

Unread post by Tahmid Hasan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 pm

there is many software for drawing geometric figures,i would recommend cabri.you can download it fro the net.then after making a file jst attach it with the post.
বড় ভালবাসি তোমায়,মা

photon

Unread post by photon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:02 pm

i have tried to upload the attachment with geogebra,but when i click "add the file",it comes that The extension ggb is not allowed.what does it mean?i don't get that.....can anybody help?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.-Albert Einstein