7th National Math Camp 2011: IMO Team Selection Tests

Discussion on Bangladesh National Math Camp
Moon
Site Admin
7th National Math Camp 2011: IMO Team Selection Tests

Unread post by Moon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 am

At last I have got the green signal from Mahbub Sir to post the problems. 4 of these 12 problems were from IMO shortlist (ISL) 2010; so we can infer that the problem sets were not easy. Congratulations to the people who had solved them.

However, according to the rule of IMO, we can not disclose the ISL problems before IMO 2011. So the campers MUST NOT share those problems (that are omitted here) with other people.

Like IMO, every exam had 3 problems and the contestants were given 4.5 hours for solving those problems.

Exam 1: Geometry 1

Problem 1:

Problem 2:
For an acute triangle $ABC$ satisfying $AB \neq AC$, denote by $H$ the feet of the perpendicular line segment drawn from the point $A$ to the side $BC$. Take points $P$ and $Q$ in such a way that the $3$ points $A,B,P$ and the $3$ points $A,C,Q$ lie on a straight line in the given order, respectively. If the $4$ points $B,C,P,Q$ lie on the circumference of a circle, and also $HP=HQ$, prove that the point $H$ must coincide with the circumcenter of the triangle $APQ$.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=808

Problem 3:
Let $\omega$ be the circumcircle of a triangle $ABC$. Let $D$ be a variable point on the arc $AB$ that does not contain $C$, note that $D\neq A,B$. Let $E,F$ be the incenters of the triangles $CAD$ and $CBD$, respectively. Find the locus of the second intersection point of the circumcircle of triangle $DEF$ and $\omega$, as $D$ varies on the arc $AB$.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=809

Exam 2: Geometry 2

Problem 1:
Given an arbitrary triangle $ABC$ with area $T$ and perimeter $L$. Let $P,Q,R$ be the points of tangency of the sides $BC,CA,AB$ respectively with the inscribed circle. Prove that \[ \left ( \frac{AB}{PQ} \right )^3+ \left ( \frac{BC}{QR} \right )^3+\left ( \frac{CA}{RP} \right )^3 \geq \frac{2}{\sqrt{3}}\cdot \frac{L^2}{T}\]
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=810

Problem 2:
Given trapezoid $ABCD$ with parallel sides $AB$ and $CD$, let $E$ be a point on line $BC$ outside segment $BC$, such that segment $AE$ intersects segment $CD$. Assume that there exists a point $F$ inside segment $AD$ such that $\angle EAD=\angle CBF$. Denote by $I$ the intersection point of $CD$ and $EF$. Let $K$ be the midpoint of segment $EF$, and assume that $K$ is different from $I$ and $J$.
Prove $K$ belong to the circumcircle of $\triangle ABI$ if and only if $K$ belongs to the circumcircle of $\triangle CDJ$.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=811
Problem 3:

Exam 3: Number Theory 1

Problem 1:

Problem 2:
Consider a polygon with $n$ sides. Each side has the same length $l$. The vertices of the polygon $(x_i,y_i)$ are rational coordinates, $a_i=x_{i+1}-x_i$, $b_i=y_{i+1}-y_i$, and ${a_i}^2+{b_i}^2=l^2$ for $i=1,2,\cdots,n$. Prove that $n$ is even.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=812

Problem 3:
The integer $x$ is at least $3$ and $n=x^6-1$. Let $p$ be a prime and $k$ be a positive integer such that $p^k$ is a factor of $n$. Show that $p^{3k}<8n$.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=813

Exam 4: Number Theory 2

Problem 1:
Find all prime numbers $p$ for which $p^3-4p+9$ is a perfect square.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=814

Problem 2:

Problem 3:
$N$ is a $5$ digit number, of which the first and the last digits are nonzero. $N$ is a palindromic product if
  • $N$ is a palindrome (it reads the same way from the left to right or right to left such as $12321$).
  • $N$ is a product of two positive integers, of which the first, when read from left to right, is equal to the second, when read from right to left. For example, $20502$ is a palindromic product, since $102\cdot 201=20502$ and $20502$ itself is a palindrome.
Determine all palindromic products with $5$ digits.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=815
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

Masum

Re: 7th National Math Camp 2011: IMO Team Selection Tests

Unread post by Masum » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

One one thing is neutral in the universe, that is $0$.

smithji

Unread post by smithji » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Can anyone help me solve this level?

I am stumped!!!!

Thanks. :roll:

Masum

Unread post by Masum » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:42 pm

smithji wrote:Can anyone help me solve this level?
Could you clarify this?
One one thing is neutral in the universe, that is $0$.