Triangular problem

For students of class 6-8 (age 12 to 14)
Raiyan Jamil
Triangular problem

Unread post by Raiyan Jamil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:12 pm

In a isosceles triangle ABC , AB =AC . D is a point on AB so that , AD = DC = BC . What is the value of angle A ?
A smile is the best way to get through a tough situation, even if it's a fake smile.

Labib

Re: Triangular problem

Unread post by Labib » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:40 pm

geo.png
geo.png (13.46KiB)Viewed 6610 times
As you can see in the figure, the angles with the same colour have the same magnitude. (Because the opposite sides are equal)
So, it's not hard to notice that $\angle B = 2 \angle A$. Since, $AB = AC$, so $\angle C = \angle B = 2\angle A$.
So, $\angle A + 2\angle A + 2 \angle A = 5\angle A = 180^{\circ} \Rightarrow \angle A=36^{\circ}$.
Last edited by Labib on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Install $L^AT_EX$ fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
Learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Labib

Unread post by Labib » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Oh! Read the statement wrong! But, I see you re-posted it.
Why did you do that? It was already answered yesterday here! :-s

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Raiyan Jamil

Unread post by Raiyan Jamil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Raiyan saying to Labib ,
Sorry for the in convenience,
But although your answer is correct and thanks for that.
A smile is the best way to get through a tough situation, even if it's a fake smile.

Labib

Unread post by Labib » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:59 pm

I fixed the solution. Guess Asif's solution was not right, but you could've waited for a solution or asked for help again in the same thread.
Anyway, I'll just ignore it and hope you'll be careful from the next time.

Raiyan Jamil

Unread post by Raiyan Jamil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 pm

I actually mixed one with another . After I saw this question , although I knew the answer , to be sure I tipped it in the forum . But then I saw that it didn't have anything inside it . So , I posted it again . Also I don't think that I did do any change in it . Could you tell me what I changed ?
Last edited by Raiyan Jamil on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Labib

Unread post by Labib » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:19 pm

I don't understand what you are trying to say. I'm guessing, you could not find the previous post, so you re-posted the problem.
If I guessed correct, for your information, there's an option on the top-left of your screen called "view your posts".
You can find your previous posts there.

Labib

Unread post by Labib » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:26 pm

And if nobody replies to post, instead of reposting, just post a reply to the post on your own asking for help again.
That will again make the thread visible in the "recent posts" section and hopefully somebody will answer then.

Raiyan Jamil

Unread post by Raiyan Jamil » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:35 pm

After joining the forum I didn't understand anything and didn't use it . After starting using it , I named some of my posts quite the same . So I posted it by mistakenly thinking that , anything that is posted in the test forum doesn't last long after seeing what I posted in the Test forum have vanished . But I mistakenly saw another problem . Sorry for that .
If you are not understanding anything what I said , sorry because I could not say anything quite perfectly .

*Mahi*

Unread post by *Mahi* » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:44 am

Also, if you're not comfortable with English, you're more than welcome to use Bangla (preferably in Bangla font, maybe with Avro) in anywhere other than "Olympiad level" forum (http://www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/viewforum.php?f=24). It's expressing your ideas clearly that matters the most :)
Please read Forum Guide and Rules before you post.

Use $L^AT_EX$, It makes our work a lot easier!

Nur Muhammad Shafiullah | Mahi