mod or binomial

For discussing Olympiad Level Number Theory problems
the arrivals
mod or binomial

Unread post by the arrivals » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 am

what if you are asked at the olymiad question what will be the remainder if (2^1990) is divided by 1990 :twisted:
i perhaps write there are very good programmes wriiten for this.the studip :lol: question setter should try this if he has got really that much interest ;)
another interesting problem is perhaps like this
suppose you are quite good in multiplication.that means you know quite a good sort of techniques to multiply two numbrs quickly.
now a question perhaps be set like this
consider
the number below
X=(9999999999999999)(9999999999).
which of the given numbers divides X :twisted:
1)12
2)999
3)289
4)23
5)187
but wait the question setter gives this clue
USE FERMATS LITTLE THEOREM i mean FLT
seeing this question believe me i ll just jumped out :cry: but in the same time ofcourse silently i ll condemn the setter :lol:
ok no problem for the students of BANGLADESH.cause i believe they are :ugeek: :D
women of purity are for men of purity and hence men of purity are for women of purity - THE HOLY QURAN

Moon
Site Admin

Re: mod or binomial

Unread post by Moon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm

First of all, I would like to ask you, if this part is supposed to be a joke, what actually is the joke part of this post. (Probably I lack sense of humor.)

If that was supposed to be a criticize then I must say that you should think a bit before criticizing someone (and saying someone stupid whom you don't even know). First of all, this problem is not stupid. Though I am not a fan of this type of computation problems, this can be solved with some technique. (I guess you heard of CRT.)

Second, I am not sure if that was a problem from an Olympiad (I might not be right, though).

Please clarify what you tried to mean in your last post,in case I have misunderstood something.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=243
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.