Purity, Properties, and Technology

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
w_kneberg1
Purity, Properties, and Technology

Unread post by w_kneberg1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 am

I have a thought and I wonder what you guys have to say in response to it. If you took everything in existance, and broke them down into their most fundamental levels, like stripping electrons of their negative charge, the direction the mass is moving (acceleration due to a curve/increase in speed or both or simply a constant velocity), etc. i am not sure how far things can be purified but say you could take everything apart and put them in separate containers, to recombine each one, different combinations in every which way you can possibly think of, and even combinations of two properties that have made a differnet "material" mixing with another combined "material" or also mixing with a purified property. Whatever the properties are that can be reduced and found along the way with interesting combinations of pure things there will be ways to make new materials and thus new technology based on all of these properties in all their different froms of combinations (really playing around with things and seeing how they act). The reason I say this is that every time mankind to make new technologies. These new technologies may then allow further research to happen leading to new technology and this way the technological leaps and bounds will go exponentially in power. Like I said making things in their pure forms allows us to see what happens with how nature acts and thus harness it and make new technologies. Each situation dealing with these pure properties are goig to require interesting and unique "contianers" in order to keep control of the properties as well as ways to mix them. Nature seaks balance and as with being out in woods, you see all of these chemical compounds making up everything, when you purify sodium and mix it with water you will have a violent explosion. This would never happen in the balanced state that the woods has, but when purified, you will be able to see the properties and thus harness it. Heck, even the purity may make a violent explosion, take the purity of the uranium in atomic bombs. This purity of uranium in large amounts can be very dangerous. The route I think of this purity of properties idea may be a great idea, but the unpredictability in regards to safety with this idea or ability of these pure properties to be contianed, so computers would probably have to be used to make the most educated guesses given what information is known about negative charge and why it clings to the mass of an electron, it's connection with absorbing photons, etc. so that the computer can do tons of calculations in order to get things efficiently done, and as more information comes in when each situation comes into play, it automatically fed into the computers so that they can make even more educated guesses on how other combinations of properties are going to behave.
In any case, if you can't get properties to separate like I think they may then simply doing the best to purify it down to whatever level you can, you'd still have quite a lot of advancement in the feedback loop of technology and research. Honestly, technology and research have great potential for good and great potential for bad, it just depends on how it is used and the precautions taken in order to ensure the saftey of everyone on planet earth, but what I see about mankind is that they will take whatever is that's at their disposal and make the worst possible case become a reality. It is not the technology or reasearch that is bad, but what evil mankind can do with it.
Give me a reply if you like I'd like to hear from you
Sincerely,
Jack.