Approaches to Science

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
w_kneberg1
Approaches to Science

Unread post by w_kneberg1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 am

I am not sure of all of the ways that you can approach science and even math (but I have less questions about math because it is far more abstract...but may be in time when I know more math). I know that Einstein did thought experiments like riding a ray of light, I personally like to find the reasons why things tick, the general rule that may be part of several different things like the wave particle duality and realize that energy is expressing itself it different froms given differnt circumstances (at least that's what I know of that, I could be wrong), once I learn a rule, I can take the way the rule operates and what makes it more efficient at achieving some sort of goal, basically like taking the way several differnt kinds of sticks from several different kinds of trees share the rule that you can use the stick as a lever. In general if you see a rule, depening upon the goal you are trying to reach, you can strategize by using that rule, basically using a a rule systematically. An example of that would be like using substitution in math.
Gotta go.