What do I need to know to understand relativity?

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
kabbo
What do I need to know to understand relativity?

Unread post by kabbo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 pm

বিজ্ঞান আন্দোলন মঞ্চের ১ম সংখ্যা পড়ে general & special relativity সম্পর্কে জানতে খুব ইচ্ছা করল। আপেক্ষিক তত্ত্ব (হিসাব সহ) সম্পূর্ণটা বুঝতে আমার কী কী জানা থাকতে হবে? মানে গণিত ও পদার্থের কোন কোন বিষয় না জানলে আমি আপেক্ষিক তত্ত্ব বুঝব না? আর আপেক্ষিত তত্ত্ব সম্পর্কে বিস্তারিত কোন বই আছে (printed/screen)? :roll: :ugeek:

Moon
Site Admin

Re: What do I need to know to understand relativity?

Unread post by Moon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't know in which class/grade you are now. But I always found the book on relativity by Zafar sir a pretty good introduction.
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

tanvirab

Unread post by tanvirab » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:02 am

You can also try reading the h.s.c physics book chapters on special relativity. They are not completely correct, but you will get the basic idea. You might need a little bit calculus.

General relativity is a much more avdanced theory. People learn general relativity either in their fourth year of bachelors or 1st/2nd year of masters/PhD.

kabbo

Unread post by kabbo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 am

I am a student of higher secondary first year. I know basic calculus (learnt from 'প্রণের মাঝে গণিত বাজে'). I'll be looking those books you suggested. Thanks :)