Electromegnetism

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
Dipan
Electromegnetism

Unread post by Dipan » Tue May 03, 2011 11:27 pm

তাড়িতচুম্বকত্ত , তাড়িতচুম্বক তরঙ্গ , তাড়িত চুম্বক বর্ণালি ভালো বুজি না । কেও কি হেল্প করতে পারেন?

Dipan

Re: Electromegnetism

Unread post by Dipan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 pm

প্রশ্ন টা কি খুব বেশি বাজে হয়ে গেছে? Reply আশা করছিলাম ।

rakeen

Unread post by rakeen » Wed May 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Dipan, I don't know what clss are you in. Anyway, If you are an 9th grader[class 9! :) ] then you should understand it. Reading the text books of class 9/10 should clear those terms. For more info you can read class 12 physics text book(though I haven't read yet!).
তরিতচুম্বকত্ত ঃ Electromagnetism: Matter have electromagnetic fields.Some of them have very low electromagnetic fields.(may be some of them don't have any). This property(electromagenit field) of a matter is called electromagnetism. For example, an electron would attract other +ve matter. This property is called electromagnetism. In a molecule, electron doesn't goes away from the neucleus, because of this electromagnetic force. In a molecule, the electomagnetic force of electron and proton is equal to the centrifugal force of electron. So, an electron orbits around the neucleus.
তড়িতচুম্বক তরঙ্গ ঃ Electromagnetic wave/radiation: You should read Rutherford's(sorry if the spelling is wrong) atomic model, Bore's atomic model and also summerfield model. If an elctron is given enough power then it jumps in the upper orbit.(the higher the orbit the higher the power its electron has). But when it would like to come into lower orbits, it would have to give away 'that' extra power. And electron does it by making electromagnetic radiations. These radiations can be of different types according to: from where the electrons were and where the electrons are after radiating. Electrons then give away many particles in this process (i.e photon,beta etc). And for different particles the colour of the radiation is different(and also because of the wave's frequency). Visible Light, Sun Light, X-ray, Gamma ray all are electromagnetic radiations. Recently in Fukushima(again sorry for spelling) a neuclear plant has been disrupted(may be two!). Neuclear power is made of Uranium,Plutonium and other radio active materials. When small particles collide with those radio active mterials they exerts power(which is electromagnetic energy).
তরিতচুম্বক বরনালি ঃ Electromagnetic spectrum: I told earlier that electromagnetic wave are of different types. So their wave length/ frequency should be also different types. Scientists sort them out and made a simple figure where you can know all of these electromagnetic radiations. It's like Pereiodic Table.

I'd just roughly written those terms. Someone would explain you more effectively. And you can see the electromagnetic spectrum in google.

off topic: I've posted something like Full Electromagnetic Spectrum. there tanvirab had replied. I wanted to reply there as soon as possible but couldn't. So here goes: I found this on physics txt book by Dr.Amir Hossain Khan and Md. Ishaque(14th Chapter: Heat Radiation on the first page paragraph:14.2), "gamma ray, x-ray, UV-ray, Cosmic ray - all are radiations and THEY ALL ARE ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES"!
(I'll post it there if I get time) AND I GUESS THIS FORUM HAS BECOME VERY SLOW. I means everybody interacts slowly. Moon bhiya bussy howyar por thekei eita slow hoye gese.
r@k€€/|/

Dipan

Unread post by Dipan » Wed May 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Special thanks to Rakeen.I have accomplished inter 1st year in this year.I know about 95% of your writings.Actually I want to know more about Electromegnetism and every time I think that I know nothing about this.That is why I posted this topic in here.But your presentation was outstanding.
We can make this forum fast.Moon vai has done his best by introducing us with the forum.Now we have to carry out this .

rakeen

Unread post by rakeen » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

:( Well, I guess I'm done then. We need some one else who could do this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism and you might try that. ;)
r@k€€/|/

raihan khan

Unread post by raihan khan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:51 pm

well actually it is very difficult to know the basic theme of elctro, tharmo or fluid dynamics because of litle knowledge of math, actually calculus. I also face these problems as i am in inter 2nd year too. Furthermore I can tell you that 'Physics by resnic haliday' will help you a bit more. this book is really good.