BDMO Forum Mafia

Let's have some fun! If you love to discuss random topics, this is your place!
Zawadx
BDMO Forum Mafia

Unread post by Zawadx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Since Mafia was a big hit at this camp, we could perhaps continue that tradition in a more open manner through forum Mafia.

For those who are new to the game, here's a short guide I wrote ages ago:
Mafia is generally played between two teams: Civilians and Mafia. The civilians are the main group, and they enjoy the advantage of being a majority. Every day, the civilians post in the thread to discuss who is likely to be mafia, and place a vote on who they think is being scummy (a.k.a. mafia-like or anti-civilian). One thing to note is that your Voting Total signifies the total of votes placed on you, and Voting Power stands for how many votes you actually place on someone when you vote on them (everyone has a standard Voting Power of 1). At the end of the day the host tallies up all the votes and considers all skills affecting the voting; the person with the most votes on them is killed (termed as lynching), and all their info is revealed. Then Night falls...

That’s when the mafia come in. The Mafia are a minority of players who know each other’s identity. Their job is to eliminate all the other players using deception and nightkills. They interact with the town during the day, trying to mislead them away from lynching any mafia members. And when night falls, Mafia discusses in secret and chooses a person to kill (termed as nightkill). Also during the night the civilians use their roles. The two most noteworthy roles that are usually included in some form are the cop, who investigates other players to find their allegiance, and the medic, who can protect a specific player from any nightkills for that night.

The Civilians win when whenever they manage to eliminate all the Mafia members. And Mafia wins when their combined Voting Power is enough to control the vote entirely, i.e. if all Mafia members vote on the same Civilian and all Civilians vote on a Mafia ember, the civilian will be lynched.
Or you can read this guide from mafiascum wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... e_to_Mafia

Now, forum mafia is a bit different from live mafia. Usually day phases last 48 hours while night phases last 24, so there's a lot of time for discussion. The day phase discussion occurs in a thread. Mafia nightkills and other actions are done through PMing the host, which makes it possible to add a lot of interesting roles (and trust me, there are a LOT). It's really fun, and can be more casual as you have a lot of time to do what you want.

If we do want to start mafia on the forums, what we'll need is active participants. If people leave halfway through the game becomes really unfun and sometimes frustrating. You don't need to be super active to play, just check in once a day and add something to the discussion. We can start with a small number of players and a basic setup (Matrix6 would be a good one as it is one of the most balanced intro setups), and maybe add in more fun roles once everyone's used to forum mafia. I'm willing to mod the first few games to get everyone used to the format.

So please tell me, would you be interested in BDMO forum mafia? Would you be an active participant? Also, tell your friends or anyone interested in playing Mafia, so that we can all join in the fun!

dshasan

Re: BDMO Forum Mafia

Unread post by dshasan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Sounds fun!..I am already in.
The study of mathematics, like the Nile, begins in minuteness but ends in magnificence.

- Charles Caleb Colton

ahmedittihad

Unread post by ahmedittihad » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:22 pm

The cards distribution will be done how?
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Epshita32

Unread post by Epshita32 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:24 pm

By pm-ing?

Thamim Zahin

Unread post by Thamim Zahin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:20 pm

I am in. (Gonna kill Rahul bhai first).
I think we judge talent wrong. What do we see as talent? I think I have made the same mistake myself. We judge talent by the trophies on their showcases, the flamboyance the supremacy. We don't see things like determination, courage, discipline, temperament.

Atonu Roy Chowdhury

Unread post by Atonu Roy Chowdhury » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 pm

খেলা হবে। ✌✌✌
This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.