Please Post the Problems of 2013

Forum rules
Please don't post problems (by starting a topic) in the "X: Solved" forums. Those forums are only for showcasing the problems for the convenience of the users. You can always post the problems in the main Divisional Math Olympiad forum. Later we shall move that topic with proper formatting, and post in the resource section.
sakib.creza
Please Post the Problems of 2013

Unread post by sakib.creza » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:00 pm

BDMO is over. Moderators please upload the divisional round questions in the forum.
@Moon Bhai, upload the national round problems formally please.

Prosenjit Basak

Re: Please Post the Problems of 2013

Unread post by Prosenjit Basak » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

একটা ধনাত্মক পূর্ণসংখ্যাকে ফ্যান্টাবুলাস বলা হবে যদি তার আগে অন্তত একটা ধনাত্মক পূর্ণসংখ্যা ফ্যান্টাবুলাস সংখ্যা থাকে।সর্বমোট কয়টা ফ্যান্টাবুলাস সংখ্যা আছে?
(National math olympiad,Junior level 2013)
Last edited by Prosenjit Basak on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yesterday is past, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift.

nayel

Unread post by nayel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 am

Prosenjit Basak wrote:একটা ধনাত্মক সংখ্যাকে ফ্যান্টাবুলাস বলা হবে যদি তার আগে অন্তত একটা ধনাত্মক ফ্যান্টাবুলাস সংখ্যা থাকে।সর্বমোট কয়টা ফ্যান্টাবুলাস সংখ্যা আছে?
What sort of problem is this? This is an inconsistent definition! If x, x/2, x/4, x/8, ... etc are fantabulous, then this sequence gives infinitely many such numbers. If there is no such number, then there are 0 such numbers. This shows that the problem is inconsistent.

And yes, why isn't anyone posting the BdMO 2013 problems?
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

Prosenjit Basak

Unread post by Prosenjit Basak » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 pm

nayel wrote:
Prosenjit Basak wrote:একটা ধনাত্মক সংখ্যাকে ফ্যান্টাবুলাস বলা হবে যদি তার আগে অন্তত একটা ধনাত্মক ফ্যান্টাবুলাস সংখ্যা থাকে।সর্বমোট কয়টা ফ্যান্টাবুলাস সংখ্যা আছে?
What sort of problem is this? This is an inconsistent definition! If x, x/2, x/4, x/8, ... etc are fantabulous, then this sequence gives infinitely many such numbers. If there is no such number, then there are 0 such numbers. This shows that the problem is inconsistent.

And yes, why isn't anyone posting the BdMO 2013 problems?
Oho....I made a mistake . Every fantabulous must be an integer.That's the main thing. And once again sorry for the inconsistent definition. :oops: :oops:

Perseus n Harry
Location:Mymensingh,Bangladesh,The Earth,Solar system,Milkyway,Universe and third dimension(l think)

Unread post by Perseus n Harry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Prosenjit do you know any more questions of BDMO?I have seen the questionpaper. But I've forgotten it.So, please help.And I didnt understand anything about the defination of the fantabulous numbers.
What matters most is what you do,rest all are TRASH.

Prosenjit Basak

Unread post by Prosenjit Basak » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Perseus n Harry wrote:Prosenjit do you know any more questions of BDMO?I have seen the questionpaper. But I've forgotten it.So, please help.And I didnt understand anything about the defination of the fantabulous numbers.
I have forgotten it too.Some of them are in my mind.One of them is this problem.Wait until the moderators and @Moon vai upload them.

Prosenjit Basak

Unread post by Prosenjit Basak » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 pm

oh forgot to tell another thing.Fantabulous is a imaginary kind of number. Don't be confused.It's not a complex
number but a imagination. Fantastic + Fabulous = Fantabulous :lol:

nayel

Unread post by nayel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Prosenjit Basak wrote:Oho....I made a mistake . Every fantabulous must be an integer.That's the main thing. And once again sorry for the inconsistent definition. :oops: :oops:
That is very crucial. In this case it is a very nice problem.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein