Something about 'brilliant.org'

Latest News, Announcements, and Forum Rules
Phlembac Adib Hasan
Something about 'brilliant.org'

Unread post by Phlembac Adib Hasan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am

Brilliant is a very good site. It arranges online tests on math & physics every week. Nowadays I see many of you are posting problems of this site. If it is subject to only curiosity, well...then...it's fine...I may praise(?) it. But if you intend to take illegal benefit of others' solutions, I am assuring you forum rules will be strict. Till now I was personally warning those users by PM. But now I'm really tired of doing such things. It's high time I announced some rules publicly. Please remember these rules before posting a brilliant problem...
1. Don't post problems of current week.
2. You are permitted here to post problems only after brilliant closes tests officially.
3. If anyone, again saying, anyone reports your problem is in an active test, it will be removed/locked without notifying you.
4. If you do such things more than thrice, you will be banned permanently.
5. Brilliant problems are copyrighted. So if you fall in any kind of trouble, that must be considered as your personal. BdMO Online Forum won't be involved in it.
Welcome to BdMO Online Forum. Check out Forum Guides & Rules

nafistiham

Re: Something about 'brilliant.org'

Unread post by nafistiham » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 pm

I really appreciate the decision. But, again the question is not about just rules or copyright. It is also about self respect.

What is the site doing ? It is helping people to know about their capability. So, when one does his jobs in his brilliant account, he is testing himself. Is it just for getting a T-shirt, or just sharing in it facebook ? I think that is not it. The problems are for you. Try it yourself. Sharing the problem or solution publicly is harmful for both all the people and the site.

So, we should be careful not only seeing the rules, but also into ourselves.
\[\sum_{k=0}^{n-1}e^{\frac{2 \pi i k}{n}}=0\]
Using $L^AT_EX$ and following the rules of the forum are very easy but really important, too.Please co-operate.
Introduction:
Nafis Tiham
CSE Dept. SUST -HSC 14'
http://www.facebook.com/nafistiham
nafistiham@gmail