BdMO Online Forum is back online

Latest News, Announcements, and Forum Rules
*Mahi*
BdMO Online Forum is back online

Unread post by *Mahi* » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm

BdMO Online Forum is once again back online, after a quite long downtime of around a month :D Thanks to everyone who worked to solve the problem, and who waiter patiently during this time, welcome back to BdMO forum, post problems, solve them, or discuss. :)
Please read Forum Guide and Rules before you post.

Use $L^AT_EX$, It makes our work a lot easier!

Nur Muhammad Shafiullah | Mahi

nayel

Re: BdMO Online Forum is back online

Unread post by nayel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

What happened? I remember seeing a message about user shoeb exceeding something.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

*Mahi*

Unread post by *Mahi* » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm

I do not know all the facts officially, but as far as I know (based on what I've seen), forum was down for two stages, for the first time the hosting for http://bdosn.info expired, and as all the SQL database tables of BdMO forum are there, forum got down too.When the domain was renewed, it was up again for about one and a half day, then some kind of query limit was exceeded for the user shoeb (apparently the user on whose name the databases are created for this forum), so it became useless :/ I talked with Moon vaia but he could not do something about it (as it was mainly a problem in the server bdosn.info, in which he has no access).

There are still some problems left, as every page where LaTeX is enabled, a phpBB debug can be seen

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 123: include(/home/shoeb/public_html/www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/includes/phpbb-latex.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 123: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/shoeb/public_html/www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/includes/phpbb-latex.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4539: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4542: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4543: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)

I didn't know this forum has phpbb-latex mod installed, and I think it is quite useless as we use jsMath for our latex typesetting (nobody uses [tex][/tex] here), so removing that mod should solve the problem (as my knowledge in phpBB says).

Phlembac Adib Hasan

Unread post by Phlembac Adib Hasan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:47 pm

*Mahi* said-
""There are still some problems left, as every page where LaTeX is enabled, a phpBB debug can be seen.
I didn't know this forum has phpbb-latex mod installed, and I think it is quite useless as we use jsMath for our latex typesetting (nobody uses [tex][/tex] here), so removing that mod should solve the problem (as my knowledge in phpBB says).""

This might not be the only problem. It appeared to me Phpbb doesn't bother until a page includes text in Unicode or latex in signatures, while latex code in the posts are causing no trouble.
Example:
http://www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/vi ... 860#p13860
http://www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/vi ... 854#p13854

I guess most of the members have already noticed unicode characters have converted to a very wired looking string. Hence there must be some issues with a wrong encoding, too. Checking/changing the encoding should be helpful.

My apologies to Mahi vai and Nayel vai for experimenting with your profile signatures. (In case if you noticed in the mod control panel wondering what the hell I was doing with all your posts) My signature had a unicode text, so was not usable and I was too lazy to change it for the test. Mahi vai was the most common person with latex code in signature and I checked whether a normal signature was causing trouble by Nayel vai's signature.

*Mahi*

Unread post by *Mahi* » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 am

Phlembac Adib Hasan wrote-

""This might not be the only problem. It appeared to me Phpbb doesn't bother until a page includes text in Unicode or latex in signatures, while latex code in the posts are causing no trouble.
Example:
http://www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/vi ... 860#p13860
http://www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/vi ... 854#p13854

I guess most of the members have already noticed unicode characters have converted to a very wired looking string. Hence there must be some issues with a wrong encoding, too. Checking/changing the encoding should be helpful.

My apologies to Mahi vai and Nayel vai for experimenting with your profile signatures. (In case if you noticed in the mod control panel wondering what the hell I was doing with all your posts) My signature had a unicode text, so was not usable and I was too lazy to change it for the test. Mahi vai was the most common person with latex code in signature and I checked whether a normal signature was causing trouble by Nayel vai's signature.""

Thanks, Adib, for noticing there is a problem with encoding, but that's really not it. It's not a problem with LaTeX/unicode, it is a more generalized one, it can not parse bbcodes like url/i/b tags, or quote-/quote tags correctly in the signatures or in the forums right now. like, right now, as I have deleted all the extra colours, resizing of fonts and url tags from links, my signature is working correctly (you can test with signatures more easily here: http://www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/uc ... =signature )
And as you can see, I have deleted all bbcode tags from this page and now there is no warning at the top of the page.

Phlembac Adib Hasan

Unread post by Phlembac Adib Hasan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 am

I figured out there are two problem-some pages: functions.php and phpbb-latex.php.

The first page can not modify header file.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4543: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Solution: Here

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 123: include(/home/shoeb/public_html/www.matholympiad.org.bd/forum/includes/phpbb-latex.php)[function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Which means the file '/includes/phpbb-latex.php' is missing in the installation directory of phpbb.
'phpbb-latex.php' is apparently used for building latex mod. While using jsMath, this is useless as Mahi vai said earlier. But to disable the latex mod will need some changes to other files which may not be easy. So I think adding this file to the right directory is the easiest way to solve this problem.