Number theory

Problem for Secondary Group from Divisional Mathematical Olympiad will be solved here.
Forum rules
Please don't post problems (by starting a topic) in the "Secondary: Solved" forum. This forum is only for showcasing the problems for the convenience of the users. You can post the problems in the main Divisional Math Olympiad forum. Later we shall move that topic with proper formatting, and post in the resource section.
Drake
Number theory

Unread post by Drake » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:13 pm

The energy of an ordered triple(a,b,c) formed by 3 positive integers a,b,c is said to be n and a<=b<=c and GCD(a,b,c)=1. There are some possible triples for which a^n+b^n+c^n is divisible by a+b+c for all n>0. Find the maximum possible value of a+b+c.

samiul_samin

Re: Number theory

Unread post by samiul_samin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 pm

I'll Latex it for you:
The energy of a ordered triple ($a,b,c$) formed by $3$ positive integers $a,b,c$ is said to be $n$ and $a\leq b\leq c$ & GCD($a,b,c$)$=1$.There are some possible triples for $a^n+b^n+c^n$ is divisible by $a+b+c$ for all $n>0$.Find the maximum possible value of $a+b+c$.

Note
I am not understanding the problem.Can anyone help me?

NABILA

Unread post by NABILA » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:07 pm

samiul_samin wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 pm
There are some possible triples for $a^n+b^n+c^n$ is divisible by $a+b+c$ for all $n>0$.
@Drake
Are you sure about this? :!: :?: :ugeek:
Wãlkîñg, lõvǐñg, $mīlïñg @nd lìvíñg thě Lîfè

samiul_samin

Unread post by samiul_samin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm

NABILA wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:07 pm
samiul_samin wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 pm
There are some possible triples for $a^n+b^n+c^n$ is divisible by $a+b+c$ for all $n>0$.
@Drake
Are you sure about this? :!: :?: :ugeek:
This is from dhaka regional 2017.
Answer